A Virtual (or Remote) Organizing session via videoconferencing is fun, unique and creative. Virtual Organizing is a new way to have less mess, less stress, and better systems.
A virtual service enables people who need the help of a professional, but who don’t have enough time, money or ease for on-site sessions, to still benefit from organizing. Being virtual means I can be more flexible – I am available some evenings and part of the weekend.
What is Virtual Organizing?
Virtual Organizing consists of collaborative sessions for de-cluttering and organizing by phone or video conferencing (e.g. Skype, Face Time, Google Hangout), with email communication in between sessions. Once we create a plan, I coach you on how best to implement it, and you do the work.
Why use Virtual Organizing?
VO saves you money. Virtual Organizing is more affordable than on-site organizing: 1) my on-site sessions are a minimum of three hours, whereas my virtual sessions have a one hour minimum, and 2) it will be you, rather than me, implementing the plan.
VO saves you time. Once you have de-cluttered and organized, you’ll spend less time looking for and re-arranging things, and more time focusing on what you need and want to do.
VO gives you new skills. I’ll guide you on the basics of de-cluttering and organizing, and provide practical tips that will work for you well beyond the end of the project.
VO is safe. Not everyone has experience of being organized, and you may be nervous about inviting people into your home. You may feel more relaxed and in control by working at a distance.
How does it work?
- I only take a limited number of Virtual Organizing clients – contact me to check availability
- I carry out a short phone assessment
- If we decide to move forward, I’ll send you an agreement to sign and we schedule a session
- You send me photos of the space(s) you want to de-clutter and organize; you might also provide a rough drawing of the work area
- We create a plan together
- You implement the plan
- We have regular check-in sessions
- Maintenance sessions also available after the project is completed
Would Virtual Organizing work for me?
Virtual Organizing isn’t for everyone. It’s likely it would be a good option if you:
- Work full-time
- Have small children or parents to care for and can only work in small chunks of time
- Know the benefits of organizing but need someone to guide you in the best way of doing it
- Have financial constraints
- Are embarrassed about your home
- Are able to lift or move belongings, or have someone who will help you during our sessions
- Are comfortable with doing homework
- Are motivated to change and are open to new ways of doing things
- Can articulate when you get stuck or frustrated
How much does Virtual Organizing cost?
I’ll be happy to share my fee in our phone call. There is a one-hour minimum for Virtual Organizing sessions.
Want a taste before committing?
I offer a one-hour trial session at a reduced price that will give you a taste of Virtual Organizing and will help you decide if it could work for you.
In the trial session, we’ll review photos that you send in advance, and come up with a potential project plan. If you would like to move forward, I’ll send you an agreement to sign and we can schedule the next session.